Monday, February 7, 2011

Potato Broccoli Soup (with bacon on top!)

My kids had a day off from school last week due to the cold. I'm sure many of your kiddos did as well. BUT...does it have to be 40 BELOW ZERO with the wind chill before YOUR kids get out? It does for mine. So, when I say it was cold freezing IT WAS COLD! And nothing tastes better on a cold day than soup. And I was thrilled to find this delicious recipe for Potato Broccoli Soup on the very popular blog, Made. And as fate would have it, guess what was in our basket this week? The two main ingredients for the soup, red potatoes and broccoli. I just might cross my fingers for another cold day this week. I'd be happy to make it again! ENJOY!

1 comment:

Aileen and Aaron Trost said...

Sounds delicious! I've been looking for ideas other than mashed potatoes for my red potatoes!