Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Food Network Saved Me

After I had my first baby, I wasn't sure what to do with this sweet little thing all day long. She had to be held, all day, everyday. I complained then, but I take it back now. I remember my husband coming home from work to find me sitting in the exact location he left me that morning, looking just the same as when I woke up.  Anyone else ever been there?!  Well, I filled some of my time watching the Food Network.  I fell madly in love with 2 characters; Paula Deen and Barefoot Contessa.  It's too bad I didn't fall in love with any of the chefs that cook healthy but it's come in handy now.  Here's why...

Nearly every week my basket contains a large head of lettuce.  YUM!  But this recipe by Barefoot Contessa makes it even better!!  After you read the recipe you might think I am crazy, but that one humongous head of lettuce just might only be enough for your portion for this dish.  Truly, it's the lettuce that makes it.  So pile it HIGH!! 

The past 2 weeks we've received mushrooms.  UGH!  The flavor is alright but I just cannot get past the texture.  Well, I decided to make stroganoff and found this recipe from Paula Deen.  The majority of us at the dinner table don't like mushrooms, but there was not one left and I didn't even cut them up tiny like I had originally planned. Seriously, you should keep your fingers crossed that we get mushrooms this week...I am!!

No comments: