Monday, October 4, 2010

I Know Just What I'm Doing With My Red Peppers...

When I saw them plop those 3 fat red peppers into my bags on Saturday morning, I knew just what meal to put on my menu for the week.  


Leeks & Peppers
1 pkg linguine
2 leeks (medium)
1-2 red bell peppers, sliced (depending on how many servings)
2 T olive oil
2 cans diced tomatoes, (your favorite, I use one fire roasted)
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/2 C feta cheese (most the time we use parmesan because we have it around the house)

Cook linguine as directed. Remove & discard tops from leeks. Cut white portions into circular slices. Wash leeks. (It's easier to wash after they're cut so you can get in between all the layers) Saute leeks & peppers in hot oil 5-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes, cook over medium heat stirring occasionally for 2 minutes. Stir in linguine and heat thoroughly. Sprinkle with cheese. 

I received this recipe from a dear friend and whenever I get a number of peppers at once this is what we make. Both my husband and I thoroughly enjoy it, but not my kiddos so they just get noodles and cheese with some of the tomato juices. I do try to get my 2 1/2 year old to eat the peppers each time, but it hasn't worked yet. I just keep telling myself, maybe next time.

It was delicious as ever.  

Here's a picture.  

It'll make you want some!


1 comment:

Lisa-Marie said...

I'm by far the pickiest sister in our family, and I LOVED this. You must try it!