We had french fries for dinner the other night. But guess what? They weren't french fries as we usually know them. They were PARSNIP french fries! My kids had no idea AND they loved them! (All except one, who was a little skeptical. But he doesn't like potatoes anyway, so he was pre-biased!)
This recipe was sent in by a reader, Michelle, and we sure appreciate it! I wasn't sure what I was going to do with my PARSNIPS until Michelle e-mailed and then I knew I had to try these and I'm glad I did. Thank you Michelle.
Oven Roasted Parsnips
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
- Layer parsnips on baking sheet in single layer.
- Sprinkle with next three ingredients, tossing well to ensure everything is coated well.
- Roast 15 minutes on bottom rack, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with the garlic and roast until well browned, about 15 minutes longer.
- Let cool slightly, adjust salt if necessary and serve.
*Instead of the cayenne and garlic we used Johnny's Season Salt which is a family favorite around here.
And here is one more recipe sent in by a reader using PARSNIPS. Thank you, Heather. Chicken Vegetable Chowder