Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This and That-GARDEN VEGGIE SPAGHETTI SAUCE

When I make spaghetti, I love to add lots of veggies. Not only is this a very simple way to use leftover veggies, it also makes your sauce go a lot further AND since most kids love spaghetti it is a super way to get your kids to eat something green (or red or orange...) without them realizing it. (Or caring so much!)

Garden Veggie Spaghetti Sauce:
  • Cut up whatever veggies you have on hand.  The smaller you cut them, the less your kids will notice. I cut mine just a bit bigger each time. Sneaky huh?!?!?
Here is what I used for tonight's spaghetti:
See? A ton of veggies!
  • Cook your hamburger if you choose to use it. This sauce does not need meat, but like I've said once before, I'm married to a meat and potatoes kind of guy, so I always add at least a little.
  • Next, cook your veggies with your meat mixture until slightly cooked. 
  • Add a jar of spaghetti sauce or better yet, use THIS amazing tomato sauce instead.
  • Simmer through.
  • Serve over Spaghetti or Spaghetti Squash. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds amazing...we always have lots of goodies in the crisper drawer that would be a good addition...I think that I might pick up some whole wheat pasta at the store this week for next week's menu. Thanks for the tasty tip!!