Thursday, November 18, 2010

I knew I was holding onto my cauliflower for a reason!


We got cauliflower in our basket a week and a half ago.  Did you?
Mine is still in my fridge.  Is yours?

We love cauliflower in our house . . . steamed with nothing on it and we are happy, happy campers.  But we just haven't gotten around to steaming it.  And I'm kind of glad we haven't!  I just found this recipe that I think sounds divine.  And just a nice switch from the simple steamed cauliflower.

This one is going to be on our Sunday lunch menu for sure!


Cauliflower Fritters
 
Ingredients:
1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and chopped
1/2 cup flour
1 large egg, beaten
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 10-oz bag salad greens
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Extra-virgin olive oil

Directions:
Steam the cauliflower until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, mash and let cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the flour and egg, season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Roll 1/4 cupfuls into balls, then flatten into patties, to make a total of 12 to 14. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat. Working in batches, fry the patties until golden-brown, about 4 minutes on each side. Serve with the salad greens tossed in olive oil and the lemon juice.

2 comments:

Savannah said...

That does sound good. With the next cauliflower you'll have to try http://blog.betterthanburgers.net/2010/10/twice-baked-cauliflower.html. It is out of this world delicious.

Kat said...

These are AMAZING! My hubby and I made them right after we read the post and the next day had to go buy more cauliflower because we loved them so much. Thank you!