Saturday, November 13, 2010

Not Your Everyday APPLE Pie



My husband is back in school after many, many, many years. He's doing VERY well and I am so pleased with him. He works hard and it is paying off. My husband also LOVES apple pie, I don't. Actually let me rephrase that, I didn't.


I had a lot of BB apples left from the past 2 weeks. Not sure why we didn't get through them, because we usually do but since there were many left and I knew I was bound to get more this morning in my basket, I decided to make him an apple pie. Enter, Grandma Ople's Apple Pie recipe. Oh, my!! It's not your typical apple pie; it has no spices, but instead is drenched in a yummy caramel type sauce; you can see it plain as day in the photos. It does make for a sweet pie, but it was so good.


So, if you find yourself with too many apples after a couple of weeks, this is the thing to do. I used a mixture of granny smith, fuji, and purchased 3 pink ladies for one more flavor.

I know what I'm having for breakfast or atleast a mid-morning snack.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tricia said...

This looks so good! I was just saying that I need to make some apple pies with all those apples piling up in the garage. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh, sister. Why did you not send a piece of that with Sarah?!?!?! darn. Looks delightful. And so ooohey gooey caramely! Yum.