Friday, November 12, 2010

Simple Satisfies

Sometimes I find myself getting carried away with what to do with a fruit or vegetable and forget that sometimes simple is best. 

For lunch today my 1 year old son and I had, cottage cheese with chunks of a BB pear.  I kept the peel on mine because it's good for you and I love the texture it adds.  We also had steamed green beans, also from last weeks basket and "mashed" BB cauliflower.  It didn't end up really being mashed, but I really enjoyed it and the boy gobbled it up.  I steamed the entire head of cauliflower, then I tossed it in the kitchenaid, added 1/2 tsp butter, salt, pepper, and a little medium cheddar cheese.  I whipped it up, which just broke the cauliflower pieces up and mixed it all together.  Since my husband doesn't like cauliflower it was perfect to use during lunch. 

Simple and satisfying.  Some days just call for that.  Especially Fridays!   

No comments: