Thursday, January 20, 2011

Awwww, ASPARAGUS

We eat breakfast for dinner a lot.  I mean it, A LOT.  Pancakes, waffles, poached eggs, omelets; you name it, we eat it.  It seems to be my go to "quick meal" when I run out of time to make whatever else was on the menu. 

This meal is no different; it's breakfast and it's fast and easy.  2 words this mama loves, especially around dinnertime. 

Scrambled eggs and roasted asparagus
Trim the ends off your asparagus, wash and pat dry.  Toss the asparagus spears, 1 tsp oil, and salt & pepper into a ziploc bag. Shake to coat.  Roast for about 10 minutes in a 425 degree oven, turning the spears half way.  Move the asparagus close together, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and return to oven until the cheese melts. 

While this is happening, scramble up some eggs. Serve the eggs on top of the asparagus with a side of toast or whatever other lovely breakfast treats you'd like. We had bacon and orange banana salad. 

MMMM..seriously, so good!

**Sorry no picture of the eggs, i spaced it, like always.  The pictures online are not pretty, just trust me, THIS RECIPE IS A KEEPER!

1 comment:

rneweyfamily said...

LOVE the Parmesan asparagus! My kids tell me they don't like asparagus, and I had to fight them for some of this :)