Monday, January 31, 2011

Spaghetti Squash Confetti


 I've had my spaghetti squash just chillin' on my counter for like . . . oh . . . 5 or 6 weeks now.  And I'm glad I hung on to it for just the right recipe!  If you've still got yours, give this simple recipe a try this week.

I found this recipe the other day and made it last night.  It was a delicious, simple side to our Sunday afternoon lunch.  And made a yummy Sunday night snack too!

I of course altered the recipe just a touch.  I can never seem to follow a recipe exactly the way it reads.  Here is what I did . . .

Spaghetti Squash Confetti

Ingredients:
1 whole spaghetti squash
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 Mexican (or gray) zucchini, diced
1 yellow crookneck squash, diced
5 white mushrooms, diced
freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Balsamic Vinaigrette
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and season with salt and pepper on all sides.  Place the squash flesh side down on cooking tray.  Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until tender.
3.  Meanwhile, saute the zucchini, squash, and mushrooms in some olive oil.
4.  When the spaghetti squash is done simply pull your fork through the flesh and it will come out like spaghetti noodles! 
5.  Combine the "noodles" and sauteed vegetables and serve with chopped fresh tomatoes.  Sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese and drizzle a little Balsamic Vinaigrette on the top.

No comments: