I'll humor you and post two pictures from my wedding day. Since this is my wedding day recipe, after all!
My parents and new in-laws, after eating the Chicken Imperial.
Don't they all look so satisfied?!?!?
The basket411 Sisters. Cindy, Lisa-Marie, Kim
Chicken Imperial with Mushroom Bechamel Sauce
From: Cindy Sylvester-Dear family friend who made all this chicken for the luncheon
6 chicken breast halves
1/4 cup fresh chopped chives
1/4 cup chopped spinach
1/2 cup butter-softened
1 1/2 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. flour
1/4 cup fresh parsley-chopped
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese-grated
1 Tbsp. orange zest-divided
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1 cup bread crumbs
- Blend butter, salt, pepper, chives, spinach, parsley, cheese and 1 tsp. orange zest. Form into six finger size strips/rolls. Chill on wax paper.
- Flatten Chicken with a mallet.
- Create batter with eggs, orange juice and flour. Beat until smooth. Heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- Combine bread crumbs and remaining orange zest.
- Roll butter sticks up in each chicken breast. Roll in batter and then in bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375* for 45 minutes. Butter will melt out basting the chicken and keeping it moist.
- Serve with Mushroom Bechamel Sauce or chicken gravy.
*I don't have the mushroom sauce recipe but here is a great link that gives you three options. I'm sure you'll find one that suits your fancy!