Mango Chicken Curry
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbs. curry powder
- 2 tsp. minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat coconut milk (I'm going to use the milk from the BB coconut. Won't that be fun?!?!)
- 2 tbs. tomato paste
- Hot cooked rice, optional
1. In large skillet, sauté onion and red pepper in oil 2 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add chicken, curry, ginger, garlic, salt, and cayenne. Cook and stir 5 minutes.
2. Stir in mango, coconut milk, and tomato paste; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with rice if desired.
Yield: 4 servings ($2.26 per serving)
P.S. If someone gets this made before I do, let me know how it is and take a picture. This post feels sad without one!