So tomorrow night, rain or shine, here is what I'll be cookin' up outside on the grill. Join me, won't you?
Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic
- 1 pound asparagus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Trim asparagus. In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, zest and paprika and stir with a fork. Lay asparagus side by side and pierce on 2 wooden skewers to form a raft. Place rafts on the grill and brush with oil mixture. Cook to desired tenderness and season with salt and pepper.
**Along with the grilled asparagus, I'll be cooking up my favorite lemon chicken recipe.**
Lemon Pepper Marinade for Chicken
2/3 cup lemon juice (from a bottle is great, but fresh is always better!)
6 tbsp. water
2 tsp. chicken bouillon
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp. pepper
1.In a shallow dish or ziplock bag, combine all ingredients.
3. Add chicken.
4. Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 4 hours or over night.
5. Remove chicken from marinade.
6. Grill or broil.
7. Discard leftover marinade
* I love to make these using chicken tenders and skewer them on bamboo skewers. It makes turning them as you grill easy and my kids LOVE to eat them this way.