Monday, March 21, 2011

Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic (and lemon chicken!)

I REALLY want it to be spring. Our temperatures are starting to warm up. Now, if only the wind would stop blowing and the rain would stop raining, we'd be set. But, it's March (the end of March even!) and so that means I'm itchin' to get grillin.' How about you?

So tomorrow night, rain or shine, here is what I'll be cookin' up outside on the grill. Join me, won't you?

Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic

Ingredients
  • 1 pound asparagus
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
  • 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Trim asparagus. In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, zest and paprika and stir with a fork. Lay asparagus side by side and pierce on 2 wooden skewers to form a raft. Place rafts on the grill and brush with oil mixture. Cook to desired tenderness and season with salt and pepper.

**Along with the grilled asparagus, I'll be cooking up my favorite lemon chicken recipe.**

Lemon Pepper Marinade for Chicken
Melanie McDonald
2/3 cup lemon juice (from a bottle is great, but fresh is always better!)
6 tbsp. water
2 tsp. chicken bouillon
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp. pepper
chicken

1.In a shallow dish or ziplock bag, combine all ingredients. 
2. Stir. 
3. Add chicken. 
4. Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 4 hours or over night.
5. Remove chicken from marinade.
6. Grill or broil.
7. Discard leftover marinade

* I love to make these using chicken tenders and skewer them on bamboo skewers. It makes turning them as you grill easy and my kids LOVE to eat them this way.

1 comment:

Tristan said...

I LOVE Paula Deen!