Monday, March 21, 2011

Cleaning out the Fridge

I love recipes that help me to clean out my fridge. You know the ones that leave room for improvisation and the ability to use a little of this and a little of that. Just the other day I found a recipe that let me do just that. It is for a great Pot Pie recipe.


Check out all the veggies I threw into mine:
carrots
green beans
peas
corn
onions
cauliflower
broccoli
yukon gold potatoes
squash


Head on over to The Baker Chick's blog and try out this great Pot Pie recipe. Just try not to be too distracted by her amazing dessert recipes while you're there.

*If you have your own pie crust recipe I'd go ahead and make that. Stick to what you're familiar with. Even if that means store bought!

Post Edit: Kim asked:  "i am making these one day this week. do you think they would work in regular muffin tins? and if I freeze them, did you cook them first, then freeze? and how long would i reheat them for?!?"


My response: "I froze mine BEFORE cooking them. I found several other similar recipes online that had done that. Then they cooked them from anywhere from one hour to an hour and a half. You'll just have to mess around with the times and watch them close. If you think well enough ahead, you could also thaw them and then cook them, I suppose. As you can see, I've not cooked mine from frozen yet! We'll all have to learn together. Also, I think they'd work just great in regular size muffin tins. The extra large muffin tins make BIG ole pies and my kids will never be able to eat a whole one. But, if they were regular muffin size they could and my kids would think that was fun to get their own muffin pie.

2 comments:

Kim said...

i am making these one day this week. do you think they would work in regular muffin tins? and if I freeze them, did you cook them first, then freeze? and how long would i reheat them for?!?

Buy WoW Accounts said...

That's a good improvisation, and you have more veggies than what she have on her recipe. It looks delicious.

Buy WoW Accounts