Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tomato and Lemon Drizzle Chicken

{Do you still have some of those lemons left over from a couple of weeks ago like I did?  Well, hopefully you do because I've got a yummy idea for you!!!}

 I got a little adventurous tonight and made up my own little creation.  Well, not necessarily my very own creation . . .

A couple of months ago my husband and I went out to an amazing Italian restaurant in town with some of our best friends.  I got a delicious tomato/lemon/olive oil chicken.  A couple days later I thought, "I could totally make that myself.  Maybe not exactly the same, but similiar."  So I attempted it tonight and I think I did pretty darn good.

I started out by adapting this Parmesan Chicken recipe Kim posted a few months ago.  I dipped my chicken in some whipped egg and then in a mixture of a 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, and the zest of one whole lemon.  I then cooked the chicken in a Tablespoon of butter over medium heat for 5 or 6 minutes on each side.


Next, I sliced a tomato up, sprinkled some garlic salt, lemon pepper, and basil on it and broiled the slices for 5 minutes.  Then I topped the cooked chicken with the tomatoes and finished it off by drizzling it with a mixture of 5 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice and 2 Tablespoons olive oil. 


I served the chicken with whole wheat pasta and a homemade Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce (recipe found here).  

The whole meal was so yummy.  This will definitely become a regular in our house!


1 comment:

Rosemary said...

This is delicoius food thanks for the post


regards
Dona
Asia Travel