Monday, November 22, 2010

Autumn Pear Salad

No pictures; surprise, surprise.  Just rave reviews from everyone at our pre-Thanksgiving dinner last night.  I personally thought the dressing was amazing, but the asiago cheese was too strong for my tastebuds.  I will make this again but next time I will use a more mild cheese. 

Autumn Pear Salad--given to me nearly 5 years ago, but made for the first time yesterday.  How sad!! 


Dressing:
-5 T olive oil
-2 T balsamic vinegar
-1 t honey
-1 t dijon mustard
-1 T chopped green onion
-salt & fresh ground pepper


Salad: (amounts will vary acording to your tastes and number you are serving) (we served 14 and I will tell you how much I used.)
-green leaf lettuce (2 large heads)
-ripe pears, thinly sliced (4)
-asiago cheese, grated fine (1/4 pound)
-cashew pieces (1/2 container)


In salad bowl combine greens & 3/4 of the dressing.  Arrange pears, cheese, and cashews over the top and drizzle on remaining dressing. 

ENJOY!  This would be the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table as well. 

No comments: