Friday, January 21, 2011

BBQ Chicken Wraps

 {I'm REALLY sorry for my terrible pictures lately.  I am in desperate need of a new camera, I know!}

Last night we had the most delicious, simple dinner.  It was a perfect dinner in my opinion.  I could eat this dinner a couple times a week.  In fact, I had the left overs for dinner tonight and just might have it for lunch tomorrow!  Maybe I love it so much because it is a variation on one of my absolute favorite meals I've talked about before . . . BBQ Chicken Salad.

Here's what we did:
BBQ Chicken Wraps

Ingredients:
fresh tortillas (the ones you get from BB would be awesome, we buy ours at Costco)
boneless chicken breasts, cut in slices
BBQ Sauce (we use Sweet Baby Ray's.  YUM.  It's the best.)
blue cheese dressing (Maria's Blue Cheese is amazing.)
lettuce
green onions, chopped
avocado, sliced
red bell pepper, sliced
tomato, sliced
cilantro, finely chopped

Directions:
Cook your chicken in a large saucepan.  Once cooked through, add the bbq sauce and let cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.  Assemble the chicken, blue cheese dressing, and vegetables onto tortilla.  Wrap up and ENJOY!

See?  Totally simple.  And I promise the combination of all of the flavors is near perfection.
We had Roasted Parmesan Asparagus like Kim talked about here on the side and it was the perfect addition. Seriously, the perfect meal.
 

No comments: